Late Arrival Logs
These logs are required and are used to record the date and time student's arrive to school after the start of the day.
- Late Arrival logs must be set out daily and the current date indicated at the top of each page.
Student Release Logs
These logs are required and are used to record the date and time students are released from school before the end of the day.
- Student Release logs must be set out daily and the current date indicated at the top of each page.
Student Absence Notification Form
Schools are required to keep records of every excused and unexcused absence for each student. Parents and guardians should call the school to report a student’s absence before 9:30 AM for each day a student is absent.
This form is completed by any staff member to record the verbal notification of an absent reason.
The District reserves the right to request additional information to excuse any absence. It’s critical that students check in with the Attendance Office when they arrive.
Request For Principal Approval Of An Excused Absence Form
Absence excuse received more than one week from the date of absence - The parent or guardian must supply the school with a verbal or written excuse within one week of the student’s return. Any verbal or written excuse provided after this time will not be accepted unless approved, in writing, by the principal. If no valid excuse is received, the absence will be considered unexcused, which may result in a referral to juvenile court for educational neglect or truancy.
Parent Authorized Absence Limit of 9 has been reached - A maximum of nine (9) student absences from school may be considered excused with parental notification. After nine (9) absences, additional information and/or documentation in addition to the parent notification may be required in order for the absence to be excused. Documentation shall be reviewed by the principal. If approved by the Principal the absence will be coded as EXC (Excused).
Family Emergency – Initially coded as UNX (Unexcused); A Request for Principal Approval Form can be submitted for approval. If approved by Principal the absence coding should be changed to EXC (Excused).
Not Otherwise Specified - There are instances, not outlined in Board Policy, but are circumstances that may warrant an excused absence (i.e. court appearance, Charity Newsies appointment, Immigration appointment, etc.). These absences will require use of the attached Principal Approval Form and if approved by the Principal, the absence will be coded as EXC (Excused) for an all day absence; TEX (Tardy Excused) for a late arrival; ELV (Early Leave Excused) for an early leave.
Family Vacation - See Administrative Guidelines On Coding For Family Vacations (5200.01). A Request for Principal Approval Form must be submitted for approval.
Only the School Principal can approve and signThe Request for Principal Approval of an Excused Absence Form.
Class Excused Form
Student is not physically present in class but is participating in a school approved activity. Staff will complete this form to capture when a student is absent from class, due to receiving authorized services within school day. File this form in the student's individual attendance file.
Health Services Form to Excuse Student Absence
A Student Absence Excuse form to be used by school nurses and health services staff when excusing a student from school. This is a standardized form and will be used district wide.
VCAP Sign-In/Sign-Out Daily Log
Due to Internal Audit review of appropriate supervision during the 2017-18 school year, attendance logs must be kept as follows in order to address our deficiency as of November 26, 2018.
- All logs are to be kept on a daily basis. (See attached log that is to be used.)
- All logs are to be scanned and emailed or hand delivered to the attendance secretary at each individual High School within two school days of the VCAP lab closing.
- All after-school VCAP teachers are responsible for entering their positive attendance into the student information system on a daily basis.
- The sign-in/sign-out logs should be stored in the attendance office for daily attendance and made available to the SDCS’s and other management team members in order to complete quarterly and periodic checks.
- During boot camps or any weekend activities, a sign-in/sign-out log should be maintained and scanned and emailed or hand delivered to the attendance secretary at each individual high school within two school days of the VCAP Boot Camp ending time.