Department of Accountability & Other Support Services
Scheduling - Assigning Teachers to a Course
Last Revision Date: August 30, 2019
A teachers name should show on the course information. This shows that the teacher is attached to the course and is able to take attendance, and will have their name show up in the Classroom Monitor. If a teacher’s name is not visible, they must be added as the Primary Teacher on the Staff History Tab for the course section.
There are also instances where teachers will need to be added as a secondary teacher to have the ability to enter interim and report card grades for a student. For example, a Unified Arts Teacher would be added as a secondary teacher to a course section so that they can add grades.
To enter a Primary Teacher:
- Click on the Staff History tab.
- Click New Primary Teacher.
- Select the Teacher’s name from the drop-down list.
- Enter a Start Date for the Teacher if it is after the first day of school.
- Click Save at the top of the screen.
To add a Secondary Teacher:
- Click on the New Teacher button.
- Select the name of the additional teacher who will need access.
- Select their District Assignment.
- Enter the teacher’s start date.
- Click Save.